Our responsive Stallion Book page now delivers the easiest experience regardless of which device you’re using: desktop, tablet or mobile. The page has been redesigned to automatically adjust to suit the screen you are viewing racingpost.com on while delivering as much useful data and information as possible. We’ve focused on improving the data available (incorporating Weatherby’s stallion profiles), and the usability by adding more search variables when researching the Stallion Book
- Year to stud. We’ve added a new search filter within stud criteria. You can now filter the database using the year a stallion went to stud, as well as using the previous filter options of Stud Fee and Stud Farm.
- Win distance. You can further filter results to show stallions whose progeny have had success over a specific race distance. All race distances from 5f to 2m plus are available.
- Reactive Search bar. We’ve improved the search feature for stallion and sire criteria. You can select a stallion or sire using the list we have created or by using the search toolbar. The list will update as you type meaning, you won’t have to type the whole name of the stallion or sire you are searching for.
- Sire type. An extended search by sire type now includes first, second and third season crop.
- Progeny success. Searching through progeny success is now more in-depth with added filter variables of G1, G2, G3, Grade and Black-type winners added to the previous options of turf, hurdle, chase and all-weather winners.
- Sortable columns give you more control over how you view and use the Stallions found results table. You can now sort by Stallion Name, Standing, Country, Stud Fee, Sire, Sire Line and Year To Stud. The column you are currently sorting by is highlighted in blue, with Stallion Name being the default.