As on the previous website, our Search facility is always available at the top of any page you are viewing. On the new-look website it can be found in the top right-hand corner and is represented by a magnifying glass.
- We’ve merged our database search and news archive, and improved the functionality, to give you more associated data and accurate content in one simple search tool.
- We know our old news archive was not up to scratch. The new functionality not only recognises terms as you type, it also includes over 200,000 news stories, features and columns that we have imported from our historic database.
- It’s a vastly improved service that will now return historic news and features against any horse, trainer, jockey or owner you search, as well as profiles.
- Dam and Stallion data has been improved and incorporated into Horse profiles, giving you a better search experience.
- We’ve also removed the annoying duplicates in our database that meant two names were often returned for owners, jockeys and trainers, which led to a frustrating experience when you didn’t know which of the two was the one you actually wanted.
- All of this is delivered to you in a responsive search format.
What have we moved
- We’ve moved Search so it will always be available in the navigation bar at the top of any page, no matter where you are on the site and regardless of which device you are using.
- As explained above, our news archive has been incorporated into Search and has therefore been removed from the News section.