Our responsive racecourse profile pages now deliver the easiest experience regardless of which device you’re using: desktop, tablet or mobile. They have been redesigned to automatically adjust to suit the screen you’re viewing racingpost.com on while delivering as much useful data and information as possible.
- Simple layout. We have combined all our racecourse profile information into five main tabs: Stats, Course Map, Course Info, Results and Standard Times.
- Under the Stats tab you’ll find information regarding the Top Jockey, Top Trainer, Course Specialist and Top Owner at the track.
- The Course Map tab features a description and map of (Flat, Hurdle or Chase) tracks at the racecourse. Startpoints, winning post, lowest/highest points on the course and any obstacles are all highlighted. All-weather tracks have a dedicated profile page even if turf racing also takes place there (eg. Lingfield and Lingfield AW have separate profile pages).
- Information relating to admission, directions, parking and disabled access has been combined into the Course Info tab.
- Full Results listings. Previously content was restricted to principal race results, which didn’t always apply to some British and Irish courses. We’ve now added all results for the course you are viewing. You can filter the information shown in the table to either display all results or big race results only. Big races is the default setting.
- The Standard Times tab details the course record, record holder and RP standard time for all distances run at the racecourse over jumps and/or the Flat.
- A table providing details of Upcoming Racedays is included at the top of every profile. The dates, if clicked, will direct you to the card for that raceday if it is available.
- Our racecourse profiles are now more intuitive, bringing you the most relevant data by default. For example, if a course is primarily a jumps track then this will be reflected in the default settings for tables. You can, however, change this to suit you by adjusting your preferences using the filters.
What have we moved
- Print-outs and Runners index have been removed from racecourse profiles and can now be found on the Pro Card (under Newspaper Form) and the Cards home page (via the Runners Index tab), respectively.
- Stories have been removed from profiles, as the search functionality on the site now delivers a superior service. Removing these tabs also enabled us to provide more pertinent data to those viewing the site on mobile devices.